In 1862, Henry H. sold the 34 1/2-acre property to James and Eliza Kidd Graham. They had seven children. The Grahams lived in the house for 14 years. According to his obituary, James Graham left farming to run the Passaic Spring brewery in Paterson in 1872. He missed farm life so returned to Pompton “in later years.” He died in 1902 at the age of 74. The Grahams do not seem to appear in the 1870 census but in 1880 they are in Wayne; he was listed as a farmer. According to local tradition, the Grahams moved directly across the river from the Berry farm having purchased the Philip Schuyler farm.